Tuesday, March 25, 2008

5 More Days in the Holy Land

OK, so I think I'm doing pretty good not boring you with the count down to the end of our time in Israel. I mean, come on, I've only done one post about it....I think. :)
So, just a little update....We only have 5 more days in the Holy Land.
Brent and I are busy saying goodbyes, packing and eating our favorite things one last time. It's an emotional roller coaster for this crazy, emotional female who gets very attached to places and items. For instance, I could tell you about every nick-knack I have in my home in the States, such as where it's from, who gave it to me and for what reason. Another example, I collect teacups and saucers and teapots and I can tell you where I got each one, who gave me which ones, when I got them, etc. All this to say, I have even gotten attached to our apartment in Tel Aviv. It will be sad to leave it because I'm pretty sure I will never live in this apartment again. (We will have to find something a bit cheaper when we come back for any extended period of time!)
So, it's emotional and sad.
However, to try to keep my mind in the positive mode, here are some things I look forward to in the U.S. of A.
  • Seeing our family and hugging their necks.
  • Seeing our dog, D.J.
  • Seeing friends.
  • Being in our home with our recliners!
  • Driving my Honda CRV
  • Mexican food. Lots and lots and lots of Mexican food!
  • Shopping at Target and Wal-Mart.
  • Knowing exactly what I'm buying in the grocery store.
  • Understanding all of the signs I see.
  • Knowing how to get around outside of a one or two mile radius! (And that's generous!)
  • Did I say Mexican food yet???? :)

By the way, I know I have some standing dates with some of you to eat Mexican food and I expect those to be kept, OK? :)

Oh, and I'm not promising this will be the last count down post, so please don't hold your breath.

4 comments:

terriH said...

can't wait to hear your voice! i can't believe i haven't talked to you in over 6 months...that's just crazy!

Unknown said...

i love you tonya!! i can't wait to see you!

Natalie Witcher said...

come home...oh wait...you are!

Kim Heinecke said...

I like the countdown posts...I'm starting to think I will miss the update from Israel.