I am allergic to cats. Sometimes I forget this. Not a good idea!!
There is a sweet cat that hangs out outside our Ulpan. Yesterday, as I was waiting for Brent to exit the building after class, I lured the kitty over to pet it and make friends. I was successful. I pet the kitty.
Brent exits the Ulpan, we walk home, I don't wash my hands. I know, Mom, you taught me to wash my hands. You were and continue to be a great example of this discipline. I should know better. But apparently I don't. Sorry. Do you still love me? More importantly, will you still claim me?
Back to the story, I pick up a pretzel and eat it. I make some lunch. I stick my finger in my eye. Before I could finish my sandwich my eye began to swell and itch. Tears began to gush from my eye like Niagara falls. Then as I was in the middle of my sandwich it felt as if that sweet little cat had used the back of my throat to sharpen it's claws! I could hardly swallow the bite that was in my mouth. I couldn't even talk to tell Brent what agony I was in. He did, however, notice as I grabbed my throat and began to thrash in pain and saw the river that flowed from my left eye and began to fill the room. OK, so I'm being a bit dramatic, but people, IT HURT!
Brent brought me a Benadryl, I choked it down past the sandpaper in my ravaged throat and about an hour later all was well, although I did not look so good. Good thing he loves me!
So, what's the moral of this story?
If you are allergic to cats, or anything for that matter, DON'T TOUCH THEM. But if you have momentary Alzheimer's and extend your hand and make contact, WASH YOUR HANDS.....BEFORE you eat something with those hands or stick your finger in your eye! Lesson learned, I hope!
Have a good, allergy free week!!