Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Brent

Yesterday was Brent's birthday! We had a nice, relaxing, Ulpan-free day!
I thought I would share with you how we celebrated Brent's birthday in the Promised Land.
Thursday night we went out to dinner to celebrate his birth and I took him to eat at an Asian restaurant; we wanted something different for a change. I forgot to take the camera that night so here is a picture of the sign from the next day.


Friday morning we slept in. I got up and made biscuits and eggs with Velveeta (brought to us from the USA) and Starbucks coffee (also brought to us from the USA). Then we enjoyed a quiet morning; Brent reading a book "Genesis 1948" and I surfed the web and played a computer game. Then we each enjoyed nice, long, HOT showers!
After getting cleaned up we took a Taxi to a different restaurant, Wawi, where our friend Imri Works. Imri wanted to treat us to lunch for Brent's birthday. Here is a picture of the outside of the restaurant. (oh, and the taxi that took us there)
And a closer picture of the restaurant.
Here is what Imri fed us. First course, chips, or what we would call french fries. Condiments offered with them, ketchup and mayonnaise.
Then Imri grilled up some kosher sausage for us. I think he called it chorizo or something. Oh, and he kept calling this a Mexican restaurant. Anyway, that was served on a bed of strange lettuce with pickles on the side. (First picture Imri cooking)
Then came our "roll". More like a burrito, but, heh, they are new to this whole "Mexican food" thing. It had guacamole and pico de gallo in it and cooked onions and this spicy "kabob" meat in it. It was very big and really good. Oh and it was in an actual tortilla, also a new thing to Israel.



Here is a picture of the menu. It's in Hebrew.

Imri was really hyper because he had worked all night the night before and then had to come in again on this day, so excuse the crazed look in his eye! We absolutely love Imri!!


That was our lunch. More details to follow. I have to go finish my homework now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENT!!!!

1 comment:

Junebug said...

I am visiting you from the Pioneer Woman comments. I live in Oklahoma near Ree. You live in a wonderful place. I knew right off that was Jael because I have read that story. :D