Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Little Inspiriation for the Day


Yesterday morning I was reading my Bible in the Psalms. I read Psalm 15. It is a straightforward and simple passage about who may abide in the Lord's tent. Let me just type it out for you.
"O LORD, who may abide in Your tent?
Who may dwell on Your holy hill?
He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness,
And speaks truth in his heart.
He does not slander with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
In whose eyes a reprobate is despised,
But who honors those who fear the LORD;
He swears to his own hurt and does not change;
He does not put out his money at interest,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things will never be shaken."
Psalm 15
I sat and thought on each of these points asking myself if I have lived this way. I encourage you to do the same. In those places we don't measure up, we ask for God's grace and for Him to do that work in us!

p.s. a fun little discovery...we thought my parents were going home tonight, then we looked at their e-tickets and discovered they don't leave until Monday night! A whole extra day...yippeeee!

No comments: